RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING POLICY
At kwiff we want you to enjoy gambling on our app and have fun using our products. We truly believe that gambling responsibly and being in control is the key to being entertained and making the most of our services. This is something we are very serious about and we have therefore put in place a number of tools to help you achieve just this.
Staying in control of your gambling
Staying in control means making sure that you only bet what you can afford and setting yourself sensible limits. The following features are available for you to reach this objective:
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Deposit Limits – You can set limits on the maximum amount you are able to deposit in your kwiff account over periods of 24h, 7 days or 30 days. When you set it up for the first time, the limit takes effect immediately. Reducing the limit also takes effect immediately while increasing it will take 24 hours to become effective.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Loss Limits – You can set limits on the maximum amount you are able to lose over periods of 24h, 7 days or 30 days. When set up for the first time, the limit will apply immediately. Reducing the limit will also take effect immediately while increasing it will take 24 hours to become effective.
- Reality checks – You can set up a periodic timer to remind you how long you have been gambling with options to check your account history and end your session.
- Product Opt-out – You can choose to restrict yourself from specific products. When doing so, the chosen product will disappear from the app menus, you will not be able to access it at all and will not receive incentives to use it again. When set up, the restriction is in place immediately; removing it will take 24h to become effective.
- Access to Account History – Click ‘Profile – My Account’ to view your betting, deposit and withdrawal history. Checking your account history regularly helps keeping track of your gambling and remain aware of your activities.
Staying in control can also mean taking a break. The following additional features are available
should you feel the need to restrict your access to the service:
- Time-out – You can take a break from our app for a period of time between 24 hours and 6 weeks. Access to your account will be blocked and will only be reactivated at the end of the duration selected. Your balance (if any) will remain in your account unless you contact us and ask for a withdrawal.
- Self-Exclusion – If you want to restrict yourself for a longer period, you can self-exclude for a minimum period of 6 months up to 5 years. When you self-exclude, you account is immediately closed and will not be reinstated automatically at the end of the selected period. You will need to contact us to request the reactivation. Any funds held in your account when setting up your self-exclusion will be withdrawn to your registered payment method. If you have any pending bets, any subsequent account balance will be paid out to you when all the bets will have been settled.
Time-outs and Self-Exclusions will stand for the entire duration chosen and cannot be undone beforehand. When you time-out or self-exclude we recommend that you do so as well with any other gambling related services you may be using.
All these options can be activated from the app in My Account > Responsible Gambling or by contacting our Customer Support Team via the in app chat or via email using email@example.com
If you are considering self-exclusion, you may wish to register with GAMSTOP.
GAMSTOP is a free service that enables you to self- exclude from all online gambling companies licensed in Great Britain. To find out more and to sign up with GAMSTOP please visit www.gamstop.co.uk.
Be responsible & recognise a problem
We want you to gamble responsibly and have fun but we do recognise that sometimes gambling can become a problem. Please read the following information carefully; following these advices will help you be responsible when gambling.
- See gambling as a form of entertainment only and not a form of making money.
- Only gamble money you can afford to lose. Never attempt to chase loses and never borrow money in order to continue gambling.
- Set yourself limits to control the amount of money and time you spend gambling.
- Never gamble if you are upset, depressed or under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
- Take regular breaks during your gambling sessions.
- Do not let gambling interfere with your life and responsibilities.
If you are recovering from any kind of dependency, suffering from mental health illness or are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance we strongly recommend that you do not commence gambling.
Self-assessing regularly is also a good way to look back at your gambling habits; it can help you identify and recognise behaviours which could put you at risk of developing a problem. To do so we recommend that you use the Self-assessment tool created by GamCare which is available at http://www.gamcare.org.uk/get-advice/self-assessment-tool. The tool will provide you with a breakdown of how gambling is affecting your life and recommendations on where to find additional support.
Help, support & guidance
There are several organisations that provide help, support and guidance to people who develop a problem with gambling. If you feel that you may have a problem controlling your gambling we strongly recommend that you contact one of the following professional organisations for help and guidance:
- GambleAware – provides information on how to gamble responsibly and offers advice on dealing with problem gambling, please visit www.begambleaware.org.
- GamCare – a registered charity that provides confidential telephone support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling. GamCare can be contacted on 0845 6000 133 (local rate from UK) or by visiting www.GamCare.org.uk.
- Gamblers Anonymous (UK) – Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who have joined together to share their experiences, try and solve their common problems and thereby help others to recover from gambling problems. Gamblers Anonymous can be contacted on 020 7384 3040 (UK only) or by visiting www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk.
- Gambling Therapy – provides online advice and support to people affected by problem gambling and can be found at www.gamblingtherapy.org. Gambling Therapy also offers a free app downloadable from both the AppStore and Google Play. The app contains tools and information to help you identify and overcome problem gambling.
We train our employees to be aware of gambling problems and we are available to provide free help and support. You can contact our Customer Support team if you have any questions, queries or concerns. We will treat all our communications with you with discretion.
Underage gambling & protecting minors
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to open an account and gamble with kwiff.
We ensure that minors are prevented from using our services by conducting electronic age and identity verifications on all our customers. We will suspend any account where we are unable to verify that the registered owner is 18 years of age or older. We may also ask you to provide us with relevant documentation to prove your age at any time.
While we do our utmost to prevent underage gambling, we believe that this is a duty equally shared between us and parents/guardians. Therefore, if you share your mobile device with friends or family who are under the age of 18, or it is possible that individuals under the age of 18 may have access to your mobile device, we recommend that you implement suitable password protection.
Furthermore, if your minor child has their own mobile device, we also suggest that you install parental filtering solutions such as Netnanny or Cyberpatrol which offer tools to restrict and/or filter internet content. You can also refer to the “Blocking software” section below for additional suggestions on tools available for you to use to prevent minors from accessing unwanted gambling content.
If you wish to refrain from gambling and/or protect minors, you can take steps to limit or block the download and/or usage of gambling related apps on your device by using one of the following which are all available on Android and iOs devices:
- Gamblock – www.gamblock.com
- Betfilter – www.betfilter.com
- Gamban – www.gamban.com
- NetNanny – www.netnanny.com
- iOS inbuilt blockers – Prevent the use of apps with gambling related content by selecting Settings>General>Restrictions. Ask someone you know to set up a code unknown to you and deselect apps rated +17. The person setting up the code for you should never divulge it to you.